3/20/2021 – Nicole Holland (26) was arrested after she allegedly allowed a 6-week-old puppy in her care to ingest a lethal amount of heroin, according to authorities. The puppy died. She is facing one count of animal cruelty in connection with the death of Chase, a Miniature Doberman Pinscher, CNY Central reported. She told troopers she saw the young pup lick some of the drug off a pink plate before she snorted the rest with a straw. Holland then filmed the puppy as his stomach began to bloat. She was arrested after the video began circulating on social media. A subsequent necropsy found the puppy, who weighed eight pounds at the time of his death, had died of a drug overdose.